Creating Your Personal Profile
What is it?
Your Personal Profile is your public presence and your “face” in the TeachingPartners community. If you’re new to TeachingPartners, or if you’re a TeachingPartners veteran who wants to share more information about your interests and experience, completing your Personal Profile is a great first step.
Why do I want this?
Creating a profile is the first step in joining the TeachingPartners community. This page lets other members know more about you—your location, interests, experience, credentials, and more. Having a thoughtful and representative profile is the best way to make friends and connect with other educators who share your interests.
Okay, I’m ready! How do I do it?
Setting up your profile is easy. You can set up the basic information in just a few steps. You can always return later and add more details whenever you like.
Step One: Access your Profile
Display your profile right away by clicking the profile icon at the far right of the top menu bar. You’ll see the same profile members see when they search for you in TeachingPartners. Only you can edit your profile. Select Edit Profile just below the black menu bar to begin.
Step Two: Edit your Profile
Upload your photo if you have one handy, and fill in the information fields. Whatever you add or edit and then save is what community members will see when they look at your Profile. Complete as many of these sections as you like. You can always add more information at any time.
Since this is a professional community, a few guidelines and recommendations for selecting a photo:
- Choose a current photo that looks like you
- Make sure your face takes up at least 60% of the frame and that you are facing forward
- Wear what you’d wear to work
- Choose a background that isn’t distracting
Step Three: Save Your Profile
When you’ve completed the information you want to share, save your Profile by clicking on the Save button at the bottom of the page. This is important. Your picture and information cannot be saved to your profile unless you save your edits in this way!
Where do I go from here?
- Look at Yourself. To see the public view of your saved profile (this is what other TeachingPartners members see when they look at your profile), click View Profile at the top of page. If there is anything you want to change, it’s easy to edit and to save your edits again.
- Find Others. Now that you have a profile, you can start meeting other educators and following them in your Feed.