Anthony Edward Grisillo is the 2014 Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year and recipient of a 2014 Making a Difference Award. Originally a Pharmacy major at Temple University, he transferred to West Chester University as a Secondary Education Biology major but graduated in 1996 with a degree in Elementary Education. He received a Master of Education degree in Science and Technology from Widener University in 2002. Anthony has taught gifted support in Rose Tree Media School District for 16 years, while also working with accelerated math students and acting as a Science Coordinator and Technology Coordinator during that time. He currently is the Teacher Librarian and Technology Coordinator at Glenwood Elementary School and an adjunct professor at West Chester University teaching a science methods course. He lives in the borough of West Chester with his amazing wife, Rebecca and two inquisitive daughters, Christina and Danielle.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.
Videos of Practice
with Anthony Grisillo
Stimulating student’s ownership of their education through simulated real-world activities.