Beth Maloney is currently in her seventeeth year of teaching and enjoys every minute of her time in the classroom. She is currently teaching fifth grade at Sunset Hills Elementary School in the Dysart Unified School District in Surprise, Arizona. Beth is a National Board Certified Teacher and is a Candidate Support Provider for the Arizona K12 Center, where she coaches and mentors other teachers undergoing the rigorous National Board certification. She is a member of the Arizona TeacherSolutions® Team and a Teacher Champion Fellow through the Collaborative for Student Success. She was recently appointed to Governor Ducey’s Classrooms First Council. Beth is honored to be Arizona’s 2014 Teacher of the Year. Beth has a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and a Master’s degree in Leadership and Supervision from National Louis University in Chicago. She was awarded an honorary doctorate in humane letters from Northern Arizona University and is currently pursuing her doctoral degree. She is a blogger, reader, and hiker.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.
Organizes these groups
Member of these groups
Videos of Practice
with Beth Maloney
Increasing engagement by including deliberate moments in every lesson that hook student interest.
Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12