Craig Beals teaches Chemistry and Honors Chemistry at Billings Senior High School in Montana. He holds BS degrees in Biology and Broadfield Science and an MA in Zoology. He is also an Adjunct Instructor at Miami University – Ohio, where he leads graduate research field courses into conservation hot spots around the world. Craig has earned National Board Certification and was recently named the 2015 Montana Teacher of the Year and received recognition as a 2016 National Education Association Teaching Excellence Awardee. While teaching is his passion, he continues to conduct scientific research including a NSF funded expedition to the Summit of Greenland’s Ice Sheet to collect atmospheric and ice data, and landscape ecology dynamics in the alpine backcountry of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, just to name a couple. Craig, his wife, two kids and dog live in Billings, MT
Watch Craig’s TEDx Talk on Classroom Relationships.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.
Member of these groups
with Shelly Stanton
Shelly Stanton, Montana's 2016 State Teacher of the Year, shares how she engages students in authentic, content-specific conversations by using collaborative technology and formative assessments.