Principal at Boulder Valley School Distirct
Dr. Jerry Lee Anderson has taught a variety of subjects from grade four to the postgraduate level in both general and special education. As a middle and high school principal, she has provided leadership to improve academic performance and programs. Currently, Dr. Anderson is principal of Monarch High School in Boulder Valley School District, one of the “Best High Schools” in the nation. Dr. Anderson has been recognized for her leadership and service to the community– Educator of the Year, It Takes a Village Award, Commander’s Award for Volunteer Service, Distinguished Service Award, and the Award of Excellence among others. Dr. Anderson earned a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education and Social Sciences (Vanderbilt University), a Masters of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction (University of Colorado), and a Doctorate of Philosophy in Supervision and Administration (Loyola University of Chicago).
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.
Videos of Practice
with Jerry Anderson
Increasing teacher capacity by using technology to communicate, collaborate and reflect. Jerry Anderson and Kristin Donley