Julie Lima Boyle
Rhode Island State Teacher of the Year, 2012
Julie Lima Boyle has been a secondary English teacher at Coventry High School in Coventry, Rhode Island for seventeen years. She is the ELA Curriculum Coordinator and English Department Chairperson at her school, which educates 1600 plus students. She was honored to be selected as the 2012 Rhode Island Teacher of the Year, and, since then, has been facilitating many professional growth workshops for fellow educators in her district, across the state and nation, and even internationally (in China) on topics including ELA Achievement Strategies, Common Core Curriculum Revision, Formative Assessment, Differentiation, PARCC Testing, and the Co-Teaching Model. She is a board member of RI ASCD and on the Educator Leader Cadre for Rhode Island. She lives happily with her husband, Shawn, in Cranston, RI.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.