North Dakota State Teacher of the Year, 2010
Mary Eldredge-Sandbo teaches biology, advanced biology, anatomy, and a dual credit biology course at Des Lacs-Burlington High School in Des Lacs, North Dakota. She has been teaching for 32 years at DLBHS. Mary is a National Board Certified Teacher. She currently serves on the North Dakota Education & Standards Practices Board and is a member of the STEM advisory board for Minot State University. Mary is the 2010 North Dakota Teacher of the Year and is currently working toward her doctorate in teacher leadership through Walden University. Mary lives in Des Lacs with her husband and two dogs and is grateful to live in learn in the same community as her students and their families.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.
Videos of Practice
with Mary Eldredge-Sandbo
Strengthening instructional units by planning in layers and connecting content to learning.