Michelle is a Social Studies teacher at Century Middle School in the Adams 12 school district in Colorado. She has a B.A. in liberal studies, and a MS.Ed in Technology Integration. She designs lessons as a volunteer for the White House Historical Association, National Park Service, and the Smithsonian Institution. She is a master teacher with the Library of Congress and one half of the online technology team Two Geeky Teachers. Her projects include lesson collections, books on the history of Denver, and articles for Cobblestone Magazine. She has three boys and is married to a husband who tolerates history, but lives for technology. She was recognized as the 2007 Colorado Technology Teacher of the Year, the 2008 Elgin Heinz Award Winner in Humanities, and she was named the Colorado Teacher of the Year in 2011.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.