Norman White has been teaching in Price George’s County, MD for sixteen years and has taught at every level from 1st to 6th grade. Serving as a model for teacher effectiveness and leadership in his district, Norman has served as Professional
Development Lead Teacher, Grade Level Chair for numerous grades, Professional Learning Trainer and Technology Lead for his school. Additionally, he is an expert in all things Common Core and is instrumental in ensuring teachers at his school are up to date relative to the new standards and strategies. Norman believes it’s critically important that students learn it’s okay to make mistakes and that it is his role as a teacher to be sure students are comfortable working outside of their comfort zone. He believes students are able to accomplish goals they don’t think possible when they are not afraid of failure.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.