Peter Haun was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. Peter is an English Teacher at Oak Park High School in Oakland County, Michigan. He represents the Oakland Writing Project Core Leadership Team and is also a member of the Bill and Melinda
Gates Foundation Teacher Advisory Council (TAC). Peter has worked closely with the MiELA Network as a facilitator for state-wide literacy trainings, helping other teachers learn how to implement the Common Core State Standards. Peter loves teacher collaboration and has been involved in several teacher
groups that revolve around action research, at both the local, county and state level. On the national level, Peter cherishes the work he has done with both the TAC and the ECET2 movement.
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.