Ohio State Teacher of the Year, 2012
Tim Dove currently works as a consultant for CCSSO working with the leadership of eleven states. He has had a longstanding career in teaching and learning. Prior to joining CCSSO in January 2014, he worked with Battelle for Kids as a consultant in Hong Kong working with teachers on formative instructional practices and PLC development. Dove retired as a 32-year veteran in the classroom. He was also an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University working with teacher training and M.Ed. students in Social Studies education for 20 years. Working with colleagues in Russia, Poland, Ukraine and Morocco on curriculum development and teacher training was a passion for 15 years as well. He has published many books and articles in the areas of teacher education, pedagogy, the use of technology and global education including coauthoring and coediting Collaborative Reform and Other Improbable Dreams: the Challenges of Professional Development Schools (SUNY).
Member of NNSTOY
We are a network of State Teachers of the Year and Finalists who use our teacher leadership to ensure that every student receives an outstanding education. We do this through our focus on practice, policy and advocacy.We Believe...
- Every student has a right to a high-quality education, regardless of background, race, gender, disability or socio-economic status.
- To achieve educational excellence for all students, we must transform and support the teaching profession.
- It is imperative that we involve our nation’s expert teachers in conversations about improving education.
- Teacher leaders will transform the teaching profession and create, implement and sustain systems to solve our toughest educational challenges.
- We must prepare our country’s future workforce to be competitive in a global economy and participate in a diverse, democratic country.
- Educators must partner with families and communities on behalf of our nation’s children.