Submission Guidelines & Evaluation Criteria
To earn the micro-credential, you must receive a Proficient or Exemplary evaluation in all four categories for Part 2 and a Passing for Parts 1 and 3.
Part 1. Overview questions
(500-word limit total for both)
Part 2. Evidence/artifacts
- What prompted you to write this piece? Please describe the conversations, current events, or other publications that inspired you to create this piece.
- Who is your audience? Describe the specific group you targeted with as much detail as possible.
Submit a piece of writing in one of the following forms: a link to an online document available to colleagues, an image documenting written conversation with colleagues, or a PDF of a published piece that has been shared with colleagues. This document should have the goal of influencing policy makers to make changes in their practice or take action on a specific issue. Example topics might include new initiatives, valuable programs, innovative technologies, assessment practices, or policy changes. Writing must have been published in the past 24 months.
Your artifact submission will be assessed on the following rubric. You must score a Proficient or Exemplary score on this portion of the submission in order to earn the micro-credential.
Part 3. Reflection
Submit a reflection answering the following prompts. Your reflection can be submitted in EITHER of the following formats:
- Link to a published, publicly viewable video (4-minute limit)
- Written response saved as a PDF (1,000-word limit)
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- Identify 2–3 specific choices (i.e., length, formatting, word choice, incorporated support, publication platform) you made that helped to influence one or more colleagues more effectively. Explain these choices and how they affected this audience.
- What outcomes do you expect your publication to achieve? What is your plan for achieving these outcomes? How would you define success for this publication?
- To what degree have you achieved your outcomes thus far? Cite specific examples, if possible.