In the teaching profession, we get two New Year’s Day opportunities: back-to-school time and New Year’s Day itself. The time when students return to school to begin their year is the perfect time to set up your classroom for learning and for safety.
On October 2nd and October 9th, I’ll share what I’ve found to be the best way to start the year for my students. In my classroom, I begin by introducing a career portfolio. This foundation sets the climate for my classroom, gets my students to know each other better, and gets my kids focused on college-and-career readiness skills—all on day one!
National Academy Foundation students prepare resumes, cover letters and more in their classrooms. With a little planning, you can align your set-up early in the year to create a safe and engaging classroom that supports these career-focused activities throughout the school year.
On October 2nd, I’ll share the process of integrating a career portfolio within your classroom during the first days of the school year. In this free, one-hour workshop. I’ll share specific strategies that enable you to:
- Establish your own self-managing classroom
- Decrease discipline issues by establishing shared class values.
- Build classroom rapport and teamwork that fosters a safe, trusting learning environment
- Develop your students’ empathy for diverse cultures/backgrounds; and
- Increase classroom attendance by building students’ motivation and helping them take responsibility for their actions and performance.
You’ll have a chance to reflect about this process and then our group will meet again on October 9th to share ideas and feedback so that you can employ these approaches in your own classroom.
Register for this TeachingPartners Live Workshop now, and TeachingPartners will send you an appointment you can drop right in your online calendar. You’ll also get a reminder closer to October 2nd to make sure you’re ready.